Young, Beginning, and Small (YBS) Farmer and Rancher Program
Ag New Mexico's Young, Beginning and Small (YBS) Farmer and Rancher Program helps customers in a variety of ways, from financing 4-H and FFA member projects to helping qualified individuals start their first agricultural operation.
We started this program because we support the state's young, beginning and small farmers and ranchers. We recognize that the future of American agriculture depends on a new generation of farmers and ranchers, and we want to be a part of this success.
YBS program objectives:
- finance more young, beginning and small farmer and rancher customers
- To provide managerial education and financial training opportunities to young, beginning and small farmers and ranchers
- To build long-term relationships with this group of customers so they will remain loyal and profitable customers for the future
Definition of a YBS farmer or rancher:
- Young: Age 35 or younger
- Beginning: 10 years or less experience
- Small: Less than $250,000 of gross annual agricultural income
If you fit into one of the YBS categories above, contact Ag New Mexico to ask how our YBS program can help with your financing needs.